On April 8, 2016 the Department of Labor (DOL) issued final guidance that greatly expands the types of retirement investment advice that will be subject to the fiduciary duty rules under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA). The so-called “conflict of interest” rule for retirement investments will have a significant effect on those who provide investment advice and sell investment products and services to retirement plans and IRAs. The central focus of the DOL guidance is to protect plan participants from conflicts of interest that could threaten their retirement savings.
- Summer 2021: Missing Participants: Ready or Not, Here I Come!
- Spring 2021: Retirement Planning is a Team Sport
- Winter 2021: The MEP/PEP Debate: Are We Better Together?
- Fall 2020: Cost of Living Adjustments for 2021
- Summer 2020: Electronic Delivery Could Save Billions
- Spring 2020: Understanding the CARES Act
- Winter 2020: How the Secure Act is Changing Retirement
- Summer 2019: Bucket List: Retirement